Frequently Asked Questions
I can’t find the app in the App Store. What can I do?
Apple has removed the app from the App Store and it is currently unavailable.
If you previously downloaded Story Reposter, the good news is that you can still download it. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the App Store app
- Tap your profile photo in the upper right corner
- Tap on the Purchased option
- Select My Purchases
- Search for Story Reposter in the list of apps you have downloaded before, and download it again
I don’t see an option to Save stories. What can I do?
On your iPhone, open the “Settings app” and go to the “Story Reposter” section. In there, tap on the “Photos” cell, then make sure “Read and Write” is selected.
If it still doesn’t work, it means you are probably experiencing a bug in the app. The good news is I have submitted an update to fix this bug. The bad news is Apple is taking longer than usual to approve the update.
In the meantime, what you can do is:
- Hit the Repost button.
- Select Instagram.
- The app will launch Instagram and you will automatically save the story to your photo library.
- At this point, you can close Instagram. To be clear, you do not need to post to Instagram to save the story. You just need to select to repost to Instagram.
The app says the user hasn’t posted anything but I can see he/she actually has stories currently available. Why?
Story Reposter can only access stories from users that set their Instagram account as Public. If a user is set as Private, Story Reposter cannot access his/her stories and will say that no story was posted recently. This is something I should fix as the error should say what is really happening: Story Reposter simply can’t access that user’s stories because the account is set to Private.
Can I pay you to remove ads?
Not at this time, but it is something I plan to add to the app in the near future.
Question about Story Exporter?
Send me an email and I’ll do my best to reply in a timely manner.