Never forget a birthday again with Birthday Reminder, a simple and elegant app that helps you keep track and view a countdown of upcoming birthdays.
9 reasons to use Birthday Reminder
- Easily import birthdays from existing contacts
- View a countdown of upcoming birthdays
- View the name, photo, and age of your contacts at a glance
- Customize the day and time for birthday notifications
- Add a handy widget to your Today screen
- Keep birthdays in sync across devices
- A clean and elegant design
- A custom ringtone to alert you of upcoming birthdays
- Highly reviewed with an average of 4.5 stars
Download it now and give it a try, or read on for more details…
Easily add birthdays
- Automatically import birthdays from your Contacts app
- Manually add birthdays (perfect for adding birthdays for kids and babies in your family that aren’t necessarily in your contacts)
View important birthday information at a glance and see
- Whose birthday is coming up next
- Their photo
- How old they’re turning
- In how many days
- Set default reminders that apply to all your contacts, or
- Customize reminder settings for each individual birthday
A handy widget
- See upcoming birthdays on your Today screen
Birthday Reminder can also be used for
- And more…
A nice app icon and app name
- A very evocative yet elegant app icon
- App name showing below the app icon is simply “Birthdays”
Designed with your privacy in mind
- Your privacy is very important to us
- Unlike other similar apps we never ever access your contacts in any way, shape or form
Sync birthdays across devices
- Enable iCloud Sync to automatically backup birthday information
- Easily import birthdays to a new iPhone or iPad
- Keep birthdays in sync across all your devices
We love feedback
If you like this app, please consider taking a minute to rate it in the App Store. If you don’t like the app, please contact us and let us know how we can make it better.
Frequently Asked QuestionsHow to import birthdays from contacts?
When you first install the app, it asks for access to your contacts. If you said yes, the app will automatically import birthdays from your contacts. Obviously, for this to work, you must have added birthdays for your contacts yourself at some point in the past.
If for some reason you didn’t allow the app access to your contacts after launching it the first time, you can change that by going to Settings > Privacy > Contacts, and make sure Birthdays is enabled.
First, make sure the Plus version of Birthday Reminder is enabled on both your devices. To do that, go to the settings inside the app, and verify it says “Plus Version Active” at the top.
If the Plus version is not active on one of the devices, make sure to tap the Restore Purchases link on the Birthday Reminder Plus screen, as seen below. This link will make sure to unlock the Plus version on that device as well.
Then on the main device (the one containing all birthdays), enable iCloud Sync in the app’s settings, and your list of birthdays will be automatically backed up to iCloud. Close the app.
Finally, enable iCloud Sync on your new iPhone or iPad, and the app will import all your birthdays and keep them in sync across devices. Depending on how many birthdays you have, it may take a few minutes. If you experience issues, closing and opening the app again typically helps.
1. Open Birthday Reminder.
2. Go to the settings inside the app.
3. Turn off the “Show today’s birthdays” button.
Sure! Although Birthday Reminder was designed to keep track of birthdays, it can also be used to keep track of other life events such as anniversaries, holidays, and more.
Simply create a new entry and apply the appropriate label to it. For example, instead of adding a name to the birthday you are creating, you can call it “Mary & Tom’s anniversary,” or “Grayson’s graduation,” etc…
But really, if you want to track other life events, you should really check out our free app called Event Countdown. Chances are, it will do exactly what you’re looking for.
Sorry, but it cannot do that at this time.
A previous version of the app had a bug that would cause birthdays that were manually input into the app to be offset by one day. This would happen only if the iPhone had been to a different time zone. This would not happen to birthdays that were imported from your address book.
A fix has been issued in the App Store but unfortunately, this fix only prevents new birthday additions from suffering from this bug, but all previously input birthdays are still subject to it.
The best solution is to manually delete each birthday card and recreate them one by one. You could also simply edit affected birthday cards, which should work but could be prone to more problems in the future (I don’t believe it will, but it’s still a good precaution to take).
I’m truly sorry about this bug. I know how annoying it is because it affected me too.
Question about Birthday Reminder?
Send me an email and I’ll do my best to reply in a timely manner.